Before you consider introducing industrial robots into your production line, you must first be knowledgeable of both the advantages and disadvantages of these robots before making any of your decisions come into an end.
Advantages of Industrial Robots
- Increased efficiency. Industrial robots are being designed to perform specific tasks with higher accuracy, meaning that you can use these robots to increase productivity if your production line.
- Higher quality. Robots are able to produce a higher quality of your products which adheres to certain standards of quality – these robots can also reduce the time needed for quality control since they are already programmed to manage and create high-quality products.
- Improved working environment. By using these industrial robots, you are able to improve the working conditions and the safety in your production for the total welfare of everyone.
- Increased profitability. You are able to achieve higher profitability levels with a lower cost per product by increasing the efficiency of your production process, reducing the resources and time needed for everything to get done, and achieving higher quality products through these industrial robots.
- Longer working hours. A robot does not get tired and can work 24/7 if you wish and will keep on running 100%. Unlike humans that have to take breaks, gets distracted and after time, their attention drops and the pace slows – robots do not do the same.
- These industrial robots are fantastic as a marketing tool – they will boost your brand image and will often get used for the PR even though they don’t offer many benefits over a bespoken non-robotic system.
Disadvantages of Industrial Robots
- Capital cost. Despite all the benefits that industrial robots may give your production, these also demand a higher expense. Weigh first your thoughts before making any decision.
- Due to its high-quality demand, robots often need more training and expertise for the initial set up and this may also cost you a lot.
- Although the demand for industrial robots goes higher every time, there are still some limitations in the type of tasks they can perform.
We hope that this has given you some insight into the aspects that you should consider before implementing robots in your company. Only used trusted robot integrators and robotics companies uk to ensure best results if you consider using industrial robots.